The decals are printed on plain paper and covered with clear packing tape and then cut out with an Xacto on a cutting board. I used white glue to adhere them. One canopy was vacuum formed over a mold, the other is two sections of clear water bottle taped together.
I could keep adding scale detail all day, but these are more for testing.
Both models come in at an astoundingly light 1 oz empty.
In test flights I noticed these planes are very reluctant to climb with power. They just track straight and level - a good thing. They turn well with rudder only but I am going to break from tradition and add elevator. The elevator and fin are very delicate in DTFB so I have doubled up the fin and installed a pivot through a paper tube bearing for the elevator. The whole elevator will pivot - max throw about 7/16" at the rear tips. Just a little elevator is needed.
Having elevator will help during testing because I can trim in flight rather than guess. The extra servo weighs just 4 grams with control wire and coffee stir guide.
Both models share a basic design. The Mig has a shorter rear section fuselage with an overhanging fin. Wings are very nearly the same, balance point is the same. The sabre has wings mounted lower down than the Mig. The nose is cut and shaped different on the Sabre and canopies are slightly different. The same 1System jet pod fits both models.
When the weather breaks again i will get these tested and filmed. Then i will release the plans and instructions. It took me just two hours to build the Sabre. They aren't hard builds as long as you cut the foam carefully things line up.